Merry Christmas everyone! I won’t be posting till the new year now. So i’ll leave you with my first ever christmas carol – O what a beautiful night
I love Christmas! I love the magic of Christmas! I love the upside down ness of God’s kingdom – the prophecies told of a coming King – but no one expected the way he came – humbly – beautifully – born in a stable. I love the wonder that night creates in my heart. Love came down from heaven in the form of a baby to pursue me – his great pursuit for your heart and mine continues today…
Hope you have a wonderful time celebrating God’s love this Christmas xxx
Just want to let you know about a gig i’ll be doing. I haven’t done a gig in a while so i thought i’d share the details on here and give the opportunity for you to come along. I’ll be sharing my songs and the stories behind those songs and how i came about to songwriting in the first place. Jesus – basically! But come and hear the whole story! There’s going to be tea and sandwiches and i think cake too! Would be really lovely to see you there. Feel really honoured that i get to encourage people and share the songs that God has given to me to sing.
“My lips will glorify you”
Anyhoo, maybe see you there…
Hello! So it’s been a busy time – had a wonderful time with family over easter celebrating our risen king and issy our wonderful daughter has turned one! quite a milestone! and yes, like everyone says it has gone so quickly. a year on, God has shown me so much of his kidness, and grace, and yes, mainly kindness, ooh and faithfulness, ooh and not forgetting his provision! and i just wanted to share with you some amazing faith filled, jesus loving choones that i’ve celebrated with God over this last year…
- “you make me brave” by Bethel – Bethel have celebrating down to a t. I love how they honour and host God’s beautiful presence, and their new album is no different. Graet anthems, great love songs to our maker, but yes, “you make me brave” has really spoken to my soul this last month
- “you are mine” by Enter The Worship Circle – i could just listen to these words on repeat – beautiful truth. Someone asked me recently, what is the one message that sums you up – what drum are you beating? – and for me, it is that people know that we are his, and he is ours – that we would walk in our true destiny, which is in the garden with our daddy – closely, hearing his voice and not meandering into fear or doubt, but truly trusting the one who is for us.
- the wonderful and talented Rivers and Robots – “All my Fountains are in You” – wonderful folky electronic sound with amazing lyrics that point you straight to the father’s heart. Check out their other CDs and merchandise and you can even download all the chords to their songs to on their website www.riversandrobots.com They have a new albu coming out very soon, which i am very excited about! If you are local to manchester they also do the odd worship night – so check their website for details. Yes.
- and lastly, Fellowship Creative have a happy upbeat sound and “Future Back” is my favourite song on the Always Been About You album – check them out
Music. Powerful. In the depths of confusion and pain, it is the one thing that most of us turn to. This week has been one of those weeks where i’ve needed to trust god harder, and hold on to hope tighter and believe that god has gone before me. What a faith, the god of peace, calls me his, and asks me to come to him, he is all that i need. Here are the tracks that have spurred me on this week…
- Brave: I am a big disney fan, and i love this one. Mumford & Sons and Birdie make an amazing duo singing this awesome feel good song, Learn Me Right -
- Jenn Johnson: Bethel have created some amazing faith filled worship songs, and one of my favourites is Come To Me – i’ve been meditating on this, this week
- I can’t remember how i found out about Laura Hackett, but she has an amazing voice and this song in particular has really spoken to me and helped me hold on to the rock that is higher – When I’m Afraid
- And finally, Judah & The Lion, I was literally only told about these guys this morning by my lovely friend Emily, and i am so thankful for this introduction, so i hope you are to. Awesome folky guitars and strings with amazing lyrics. My favourite so far, but it’s only day one, is, Back’s Against The Wall - rings so true with me at the moment.
What do you listen to in these times – i would love to add them to my playlist…
- David Crowder Band – I have this song on repeat at the moment – love the folk sound and all those instruments! This I Know