This is a message to the tired, the hungry, the lonely, the fed up, the ones that have put too much pressure on themselves, the confused, the distracted, the children of god that just need to be reminded that god simply loves you…
I’ve had a weird month, where its been hard to motivate myself, in all areas really. Even looking after myself, eating well, drinking water, simple things. But it’s most affected me in my walk with God. I’ve just felt… ‘meh’. I’ve persued, and prayed, and praised, but in all of it, felt…well, distracted. I can’t really explain it, but i know God is the only one that satisfies, but my heart sometimes wants to look elsewhere.
So yeah, i was praying the other morning, and just nervous really, that this month would continue in this pattern of numb dull distractedness, to my incredible maker whom deserves so much more from me – and then God did the most lovely thing…
Whilst feeding issy, she did the inevitable – giggle with a mouthful of food. She sprayed mummy with a mouthful of her fruit pudding. It went everywhere, but in particular – landed on her tray in the perfect…
God often shows hearts to me and matt – and we just receive them as little, yet powerful, sign from heaven to remind us that he loves us. Simple really, but really encouraging and comes at the perfect times, like today.
I felt like God simply said, beth, i love you. Stop putting pressure on yourself. And the timing of the heart, made me not feel nervous about the future. His quick reaction to my nervousness was love, which i’m holding as the answer out of this place.
So today, if this message is for you, if you are feeling far, know that he is closer than your breathe, and hear him simply say, “i love you”
And those of us with kids – he has given us a divine picture – a glimpse into his love – to help us. It would break my heart if i knew issy was sad because she was trying to prove to me her love, and trying to get my attention, and feeling tired and stressed out not knowing what to do… when i simply just want her. That is a picture of heaven – he just wants you… this is the gospel – Jesus left his throne because he loves you – Jesus was nailed to a cross because he loves you – jesus rose again and does not count your sin – we are forgiven and free – hidden in him – because he loves you
So i’ve surprised myself and am very excited about kick off tonight in brazil. Matt warned me about a month ago about how many matches there would be and it’ll be lasting about a month etc. Trying to prepare his wife! Well today, matt came home to some brazilian beef pancakes and a cold beer. The sun is shining, and here are a few bbq/picnic summer time accessories (brazil/tropical style) to get you inspired for the world cup/bbq season
1. Create that prefect summertime vibe with these lovely solar powered fairy lights from John Lewis | 2. Beautiful yellow dress from Anthropologie | 3. Practical and stylish lime green paper napkins from ikea | 4. Keeping with the lime green theme – a portable kettle bbq from John Lewis | 5. Tropical plate from paperchase | 6. Bright yellow seats from Ikea | 7. And tropical accessories to finish from a very cool easy shop called ILoveCrafty
Sorry it’s been a while. Issy update: she is now walking, and i have to remind her that i’m in charge! She is one confident little lady. Currently napping so i can catch up on… freelance.
I feel so blessed that i can do a job from home, but i am very much still trying to juggle it all, as i work around issy, with my mum only having her for half a day – don’t contact me on a tuesday! that’s my work day! then just naps and a couple of evenings depending on deadlines.
I’ve had the great opportunity to be interviewed by the creative arts network based in London with regards to how i do it… how i am mummy, and designer. Take a look at the interview and a sample of some of my work here
I am currently putting together an online portfolio where you will be able to see the variety of design that i have been involved with over the years. And if you do need any design, please get in touch. Anything from branding and logo design, to a bespoke wedding print for your friend. Look forward to working with you…
Hello! So it’s been a busy time – had a wonderful time with family over easter celebrating our risen king and issy our wonderful daughter has turned one! quite a milestone! and yes, like everyone says it has gone so quickly. a year on, God has shown me so much of his kidness, and grace, and yes, mainly kindness, ooh and faithfulness, ooh and not forgetting his provision! and i just wanted to share with you some amazing faith filled, jesus loving choones that i’ve celebrated with God over this last year…
- “you make me brave” by Bethel – Bethel have celebrating down to a t. I love how they honour and host God’s beautiful presence, and their new album is no different. Graet anthems, great love songs to our maker, but yes, “you make me brave” has really spoken to my soul this last month
- “you are mine” by Enter The Worship Circle – i could just listen to these words on repeat – beautiful truth. Someone asked me recently, what is the one message that sums you up – what drum are you beating? – and for me, it is that people know that we are his, and he is ours – that we would walk in our true destiny, which is in the garden with our daddy – closely, hearing his voice and not meandering into fear or doubt, but truly trusting the one who is for us.
- the wonderful and talented Rivers and Robots – “All my Fountains are in You” – wonderful folky electronic sound with amazing lyrics that point you straight to the father’s heart. Check out their other CDs and merchandise and you can even download all the chords to their songs to on their website www.riversandrobots.com They have a new albu coming out very soon, which i am very excited about! If you are local to manchester they also do the odd worship night – so check their website for details. Yes.
- and lastly, Fellowship Creative have a happy upbeat sound and “Future Back” is my favourite song on the Always Been About You album – check them out
happy thursday evening. I am enjoying a productive evening as the baby sleeps, and thought i’d share some… colour. I didn’t realise that daffodils, the gorgeous yellow flower ,which encourage a smile, as we say goodbye to winter and beckon in spring, were poisonous if put with other flowers! well, it has inspired this colour introduction. Wilted april…
Really loving the colours that are around at the moment, and although spring is known for pastels, i quite like these rich colours from the week or two old flowers…
Kuler is a brilliant tool to help work out colour combos, and i found this great website when needing the CMYK for ivory, but there is nothing better than creating your own colour palettes – whether it be for some branding, decorating the new kitchen, or choosing your wedding theme – get creative. here are some of my fave colour collections (and patterns) on pinterest